Monday 16 November 2009

Why Blog

Hello World! It has come to my attention that the world and its perverbial mother are 'blogging' or 'tweeting' or producing there dying thoughts and wishes to the world in some technological way. Not to sound old, bitter and twisted, it has just taken me a while to figure out the possible advantages of keeping a blog online instead of writing a personal handwritten journal with a real tangible pencil. That advantage goes hand in hand with my inherent laziness when it comes to diary writing. There's only so many times you can 'catch up' on your thoughts before you cave in and put the diary in a drawer or rucksack and inevitbaly lose it. Although I do prefer the aestheltically pleasing worndown notebook with clear visual props as to the context of the writing, I feel that maybe the lazy streak won't come into too much of damage play here.

Now that's why I chose the 'blog' alternative, now why bother keeping a blog? What could be going on in my life that I felt it necessary to type down thoughts and observations? Do i really feel that anyone other than myself and those that I will eventually force to read it, will actually log in and keep to date with mundane events and occurences? No, that would merely be assuming that I have something worth reading and result in a lot of pretence, a trait that Im not altogether fond of.

The blog, as titled Asia, will cover travels in this amazing continent, problems and their counterparts. Starting with the present, working and living in South Korea, the blog will come with me in the future and past, covering, what hopes to be some of the best and worst countries in Asia and all of its corners.

No comments:

Post a Comment